Sunday, June 2, 2013

Doing Big-Kid Things


Here I sit on another Sunday night, about to give you all of the latest details on what I’m doing with my life as a news-y girl in Philly.

Where do I begin? Well, first of all… I had my first big girl meltdown about that elephant that shows up in everyone’s room sooner or later-money. For the first time in my life, I’m actually responsible for a ton of things during the summer that I never really thought about before. So, naturally, I had a nice hour of ranting and panicking with my parents on the phone. They reassured me that learning to budget is a valuable skill, and that I shouldn’t worry too much. After all, I’m doing all this so that I can have a successful journalism career after I graduate. I got myself together and went to the store, and I gotta say, this whole budgeting thing isn’t going to be so bad-I’m pretty frugal to begin with.

Now that you all know where my head is at with that, I can move on to more important, and lets be honest, more interesting things.

So, this past week was another great one at FOX. I am meeting more people, and I’m there 40 hours a week- so I think I have become a familiar face to most of the newsroom staff! What a great feeling. I have been enjoyed being in the newsroom during lots of interesting news-breaks and getting to write stories about them. It is so rewarding to be able to see what I write go up on the FOX29 website! Love it.

Hmm..what else? Oh, I’m also getting pretty close with another intern, and we have a ton in common! We bonded quickly- right after she said “oh, I really wish I had some Nutella right now.” That’s all I needed to hear (if you remember my larger-than-life obsession with the chocolate-hazelnut spread), and I can’t wait to have a ton of great adventures with her in Philly and at FOX! Always good to have great friends in tow.

Heaven on a Plate
If it can get any better, I also have a friend that I met at Ithaca through working on NewsWatch16 (our news show on our television station).  She lives in the same town as my aunt and uncle, and we spent all of Saturday together. We explored the cute, very Ithaca-like town of West Chester. Brunch was the first pit-stop of the day, and Rebecca took me to Nudy’s which is one of her faves. I have to say, after the experience I had there, I will have to limit the trips I make there. It is way too good. I had the pumpkin bread (yeah, I’m drooling just thinking about it) French toast, and she had banana pancakes. We definitely left extremely full and happy!
Juno
For the rest of the day, we caught up and shopped around- even met a boutique owner that went to Ithaca! Beautiful. I’m definitely living in the right area! Oh! I also have one more, built-in bff; Juno. He’s the sweetest golden retriever, and he’s finally realized that I’m living here. After a long day, it’s nice to have a good cuddle with him.

This week has been another great one- and I hope that all of this continues for the rest of my summer. Now that I’ve had my run in with all this big-girl stuff, I feel like I’m gonna come out of this experience on top- as a strong news girl with more confidence in myself.


Who doesn't love pigtails? 
 Let’s see what antics I get into this week. 
                                            Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment